Andrew J. Millar wrote:
> Greetings
>
> Apologies if similar questions have been asked before. I have a Scalar100
> autochanger with two tape drives and am running bacula-1.37.30. I have split
> the 60 tapes in to two pools, one for filesystem backups, the other for
> database backups.
>
> My problem is that I am struggling to configure Bacula in such a way that
> filesystem jobs and database jobs run in parallel, one on each drive.
> Currently the Filesystem backups are held up until the database backups are
> finished, and only one drive is in use at a time. Any help with this would be
> greatly appreciated, I seem to be stuck.

When you say "database backups", do you mean the Bacula catalog, or are
you backing up some huge databases?

It sounds at first glance as though you need to increase your
Concurrency settings to allow more jobs to run simultaneously.

--
 Phil Stracchino       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Mobile: 603-216-7037         Landline: 603-886-3518