Bart Verwilst wrote:
> Greetings!
>
> I'm trying to setup a Bacula to back up a remote server. I'm going to try and
> explain my current setup and ultimate goal ;)

> Now, how do i proceed to automate the tape naming and such? When i created a
> volume on bconsole with the add command, then tried to run a backup, it
> nagged that the tape had the wrong label, and to insert a tape with another
> name.. But it should just automatically overwrite the existing ones.. :$
>
> I don't fully get the naming.. Should i manually give all 8 tapes a name, and
> then add them through bconsole with the same names? But the naming i want
> them to have is dynamic ( Label Format = "Test-$Day$Month$Year" ), so it'll
> nag again that i don't have the correct named tape present, and to insert
> it... :$

There is no mechanism for automatically deleting and relabelling tapes.
 I suggest just naming all your tapes once, numerically, and using them
in rotation.  If you need to restore something, Bacula will tell you
which tape it needs anyway; the whole point of an automated backup
system with a catalog database is that it keeps track of things like
this for you.

--
 Phil Stracchino       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Mobile: 603-216-7037         Landline: 603-886-3518