Hi,

On 14.10.2005 21:27, nathan r. hruby wrote:

Also a tangent question:

I'm trying to use Client Run Before Job to create a file which will be
read by the Fileset to get the file of files it should backup.  Does
bacula read the FileSet before running the Client Run Before Job?

This I don't know, but...

I get
the feeling it does, but can't seem to be positive one way or another.  I
have another solution if so, but it's a tad crufty, and this way seems a
bit more elegant.

... I did this differently, probably what you call crufty.
To back up my mailserver and user mailboxes, I need a file list, and I need some helper programs called to save the mail server state.

So I created a shell script that does both: Print the file list to stdout, and create the mail server data files. Works, but its a little asymmetric: I have a script to create the file list, and a client run after job script to delete temporary data. Well, crufty, but effective.

It would even be nice if not only the order was documented in which the different programs are called, but if the estimate command had a swicth scripts so you could have the run before scripts executed when estimating...

Arno

--
IT-Service Lehmann                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]