Arno,

Thanks for the quick reply but I think my config is ok. Here are the relevant entries from my bacula-sd.conf file:

Storage {                             # definition of myself
  Name = rosalind-sd
  SDPort = 9103                  # Director's port
  WorkingDirectory = "/var/bacula/working"
  Pid Directory = "/var/run/subsys"
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 20
}

#
# List Directors who are permitted to contact Storage daemon
#
Director {
  Name = rosalind-dir
  Password = "uyyArKYu5I8REZUqyqcAaF0bbzAE8WzgBMaWQkkMnsBZ"
}

#
# Restricted Director, used by tray-monitor to get the
#   status of the storage daemon
#
Director {
  Name = rosalind-mon
  Password = "8W9XhhrH3reUtFq4ES3/KXfP/g/vwCTd0uosLSQzk1sw"
  Monitor = yes
}

Device {
  Name = FileBackUp
  Media Type = File
  Archive Device = /mnt/amanda
  Random Access = Yes;
  AutomaticMount = yes;               # when device opened, read it
  RemovableMedia = no;
  AlwaysOpen = yes;
}

Autochanger {
  Name = AIT3-Changer
  Device = GeneSplicer
  Changer Command = "/etc/bacula/mtx-changer %c %o %S %a %d"
  Changer Device = /dev/sg1
}

#
# A Linux or Solaris tape drive
#
Device {
  Name = GeneSplicer                        #
  Media Type = SDX700-C
  Archive Device = /dev/nst0
  AutomaticMount = yes;               # when device opened, read it
  AlwaysOpen = yes;
  RemovableMedia = yes;
  RandomAccess = no;
  #Changer Command = "/etc/bacula/mtx-changer %c %o %S %a %d"
  #Changer Device = /dev/sg1
  AutoChanger = yes
  Drive Index = 0
  Spool Directory = "/mnt/amanda"
## Alert Command = "sh -c 'tapeinfo -f %c |grep TapeAlert|cat'"
}

        Thanks again

        John Hayden