Sorry for quoting all of this but it's too relevant to let drop.  Replies
are inline.

On Wed, Jan 18, 2006 at 10:45:24AM +0100, Kern Sibbald wrote:
> On Wednesday 18 January 2006 06:40, Jo Rhett wrote:

> > > It looks to me like Bacula ran off the end of the tape during the
> > > bextract because either TWO EOF is not set correctly for your drive (or
> > > you changed it),
> >
> > So that's the question.  Would changing this parameter cause that error?
>
> If you write with one set of directives and read with another, you almost
> certainly will have problems.  If you write and read with the same set and
> btape tests pass you should not have problems.

I didn't have a printout of my tape definition, so I worked with the Bacula
documentation and found a setting that worked fine with btape.  That was
what's listed with "DDS-3" above.

Obviously I could change it to match the previous setting.

> If you wrote with TWO EOF = yes and try to restore with TWO EOF = no, you
> *could* be seeing the kinds of wierd problems you reported.

So I guess my question is -- with this setting changed, would I lose any
data on the restore?  Is it worth changing the settings and starting all
over again?  Or is this always going to happen at the end of the tape and
not likely to affect the files restored?

--
Jo Rhett
senior geek