Martin,

Sorry for being maybe a bit too brief in my post, but I already
mentioned (both in the post above and in my original mail) that
reverse forwarding of ports 9101 and 9103 _does_work:  That means that
1) yes, I can telnet to local host port 9101 and 9103 from a DOS
prompt 2) yes, I can transfer data on those reverse forwarded ports
(I've verified it via bining temporarily some tcp servers on those
ports on the server side and checked I can connect to those servers
from a Windows client) .

Again, the very same backup procedure is tested and works for quite
some time for a dusin or so UNIX clients (Linux / OpenBSD/ FreeBSD ).

Florian