Hello,

On 3/15/2006 11:29 AM, Erik P. Olsen wrote:
Arno Lehmann wrote:
On 3/15/2006 8:00 AM, Erik P. Olsen wrote:
Windows' firewall settings and any firewall in between the FD and SD might be involved here, and of course the whole name resolution stuff. You can try with telnet, from a windows shell, to contact the SD port at the address you configured in the storage section of the bacula-dir.conf file. If this doesn't work you should review your name resolution setup and your firewalls.

The windows box in question is my windows test machine and it has no firewall active. But you are probably right that my "name resolution setup" in incorrect, so I'll have to find out how to set that up correctly (sigh).

The point is to ensure that the address of the SD resolves correctly from the client machine.

If you don't use DNS for resolving, you can either use the IP address - like 10.2.3.4 - or you put the IP-name-relationship into the hosts file. Under Windows, thats, IIRC, in \windows\system32\drivers\etc.

Arno

--
IT-Service Lehmann                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]