On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 12:29:47 -0400
"Eric Warnke" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

[snip]

> 2) SQLite has undocumented limitations that make it inappropriate for many
> site that might be interested in this product.  First off, if there is any
> contention for the database ( ie, looking at the state of the database, or
> running updates using sqlquery can cause running jobs to fail ); because of
> this I just lost a 7 hour backup.  Secondly, there is a 2gb limit on sqlite
> databases that will cause many MANY headaches for any site that installs
> this product and then later runs into this problem.

Have you tried out MySQL or PostgreSQL?

We've been using PostgreSQL as Bacula's back end for a few months now,
and have been very happy with it.  We don't have the huge storage
requirements you do, but I would expect that using an SQL server instead
of SQLite would help.

--
Bill Moran
Collaborative Fusion Inc.

IMPORTANT: This message contains confidential information and is
intended only for the individual named. If the reader of this
message is not an intended recipient (or the individual
responsible for the delivery of this message to an intended
recipient), please be advised that any re-use, dissemination,
distribution or copying of this message is prohibited. Please
notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received
this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system.
E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or
destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The
sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or
omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a
result of e-mail transmission.