On Wednesday 26 April 2006 18:14, Hugo Schlebnik wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Not sure if I should send this to the devel list or this list, but here
> goes:
>
> I'm a bit confused about the different bacula components and their
> respective licenses.  From what I can tell, the win32 binary has an
> extremely open and unrestrictive license, but most related components
> (including the recently added encryption plugin) appear to be GPL.
>
> Can the win32 client be embedded in a commercial application?  Are there
> other issues with this that I'm missing?
>
> Many thanks for your advice or insight.

The following link may help clarify a few of the points that were brought up
in this discussion on the Bacula list.  It is an interview with Richard
Stallman discussing the proposed GPL version 3, but much if not most of what
he says applies to version 2 as well.

http://www.linuxinsider.com/story/KW2dwDGbQ3dGkS/Richard-Stallman-Sets-the-Free-Software-Record-Straight.xhtml

Kern

  (">