Hello,

On 5/16/2006 7:17 AM, Marcus Meyer wrote:
Hello!

I'm using Debian testing/unstable with bacula version 1.38.9.

Which architecture? 64bits perhaps? In that case, try compiling with -O0 (oh zero) to disable optimization. There seems to be a problem there. There's also a report that defining -fno-strict-aliasing (hope I recall correctly) fixes that, too, and still allows optimizing the code.

The Autochanger is a ADIC FastStore 7 with a DLT-4000 device.

When I start bacula-sd with /etc/init.d/bacula-sd start I've get an Error.

server:/etc/bacula# /etc/init.d/bacula-sd start
Starting Bacula Storage daemon: 15-Mai 22:04 bacula-sd: Fatal Error because: Bacula interrupted by signal 11: Segmentation violation
Kaboom! bacula-sd, bacula-sd got signal 11. Attempting traceback.
Kaboom! exepath=/usr/sbin/
Calling: /usr/sbin/btraceback /usr/sbin/bacula-sd 25680
Traceback complete, attempting cleanup ...

The debugging message:

(no debugging symbols found)
Using host libthread_db library "/lib/tls/libthread_db.so.1".
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
[New Thread -1213823296 (LWP 25680)]
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
(no debugging symbols found)
0xb7e601fe in __waitpid_nocancel () from /lib/tls/libpthread.so.0
/etc/bacula/scripts/btraceback.gdb:1: Error in sourced command file:
No symbol table is loaded.  Use the "file" command.

Not much :-(

Try keeping the debug information in the executables. IIRC, with the gnu compilers, you do this by adding -g to the compiler options.

This happens only when I configure the autochanger in the bacula-sd.conf file.

Autochanger {
 Name = ADIC #
 Description = "ADIC VLS DLT400"

Where's this line from? I don't see it in the manual, and perhaps it helps if you remove it.

Arno

 Device = AUTO-DLT
 Changer Device = /dev/sg2
 Changer Command = "/etc/bacula/scripts/mtx-changer %c %o %S %a %d"
}

Device {
 Name = AUTO-DLT #
 Description = "ADIC DLT4000"
 Media Type = DLT-auto
 Archive Device = /dev/nst0
 AutomaticMount = yes;               # when device opened, read it
 AlwaysOpen = yes;
 RemovableMedia = yes;
 RandomAccess = no;
 AutoChanger = yes;
 LabelMedia = no;
 Alert Command = "sh -c 'tapeinfo -f %c |grep TapeAlert|cat'"
 Maximum Spool Size = 1895219200
 Maximum Job Spool Size = 1695219200
 Spool Directory = /var/spool/bacula
}

bacula-dir.conf :

Storage {
 Name = ADIC
#  Do not use "localhost" here
 Address = server                # N.B. Use a fully qualified name here
 SDPort = 9103
Password = "****************************" # password for Storage daemon
 Device = ADIC
 Media Type = DLT-auto
 Autochanger = yes
}

If I use Storage File everything is ok.

Thanks in advance for any help/tips

Marcus

IT-Service Lehmann                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]