Hello,

On 6/22/2006 5:20 PM, Niels Huylebroeck wrote:
> Bacula version : 1.38.10
> OS : CentOS 4.3 on P3 with 256Mb RAM
> Storage: on disk (no tape)
>
> Hi,
>
> Some backgroun : I'm fairly new with bacula and am in testing phase
> before deploying to several sites for small to medium backups.
> 200Mb - 120Gb should be the high and low limit of my backups.
>
> My bacula installation (from tarball) runs manual backups and restores
> perfectly, but the scheduled backups never run.
> Also after the scheduled backup when using bconsole to connect to
> bacula-dir it hangs giving following error :
>
> Connecting to Director 10.1.80.100:9101
> Director authorization problem.
> Most likely the passwords do not agree.
>
> I've tried connecting from several of my clients and checked the passwords.
> After doing a '/etc/init.d/bacula-dir restart' my bconsole works as
> normal again.
>
> Any suggestions ?

This looks like the DIR crashed.

A similar problem has been reported recently.

You might try to capture a traceback in case the DIR crashes (see the
appropriate chapter in the manual), and run the DIR with debug output
enabled and redirected to a file. This might tell something about the
underlying problem.

Of course, before doing anything of the above you will make sure that
the DIR really crashed, I hope :-)

Arno

--
IT-Service Lehmann                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]