Hello,

we're in the process of migrating our backup infrastructure from
Amanda to Bacula running on Debian Linux, and pondering Bacula's
schedules the other day, I was wondering if Bacula has a feature
similar to Amanda's "bumping" of level 0 dumps or full backups during
nightly backups.

Background: Currently, I've scheduled full dumps on the first sunday
of every month, with incremental and differential backups on the other
days of the month (pretty much the run-of-the mill "weeklyCycle" that
Bacula comes with). I'm a bit uncertain about what will happen on the
next "first Sunday" and wether Bacula will be able to complete the
full dumps of so many hosts in time because ideally, the backup should
be finished on all systems on a certain time the following day.

So does Bacula support running a level 0 dump "in between when Bacula
feels like it", or "if there's still some time left before a certain
date / time" or "if the total differential backup of today was smaller
than size y" or something similar?

Again, please forgive me if I am missing something obvious about
Bacula's feature set, maybe something like this is not even necessary
once Bacula has a complete level 0 dump on its media because of the
catalog feature, or do I have to balance full dumps manually over the
weekdays in the cycle?

Bye for now & thanks in advance for your time,

Uwe

--
Uwe Schuerkamp, NIONEX GmbH (http://www.nionex.com/)
[EMAIL PROTECTED] Tel: +49 (0)5241 / 80 10 66 FAX: / 806 23 38