> On Wednesday 19 July 2006 20:07, Jo Rhett wrote:
>> On Sun, Jul 09, 2006 at 08:45:27PM +0200, Kern Sibbald wrote:
>>> The seg fault, is not good.  However, I cannot do anything without
>>> the proper
>>> kind of information as indicated on the Support page as well as a
>>> traceback
>>> as described in the Kaboom chapter of the manual.  If you have that
>>> information (traceback and your system info) and the problem is a
>>> seg fault,
>>> then please open a bug report in the bugs database.
>>
>> I did what you suggested and opened a bug and then you turned right
>> around
>> and close the bug with this:
>>
>>      kern - 07-14-2006 02:44 PDT
>>      This is a configuration error.  Please ask for help on the bacula-
>> users
>>      list and send them the information you have provided here.
>>
>> Okay, so we're back to square one.
>
> On Jul 19, 2006, at 11:40 AM, Kern Sibbald wrote:
> I'd say we are back to square zero.
>
>> Can we try again?
>
> Yes, of course, but please note:  Your first email did not contain
> all the
> information that was in the bug report, which is why in the bug
> report, with
> more information, I concluded that the problem was *most likely* a
> configuration error.

After due consideration, I am rejecting this as an incorrect
approach.  Configuration errors should not cause segfaults.
Additionally, failure to test access to resources you'll need later
on is also a bug.  Please reopen this bug.

Also please update the documentation and/or process for tracebacks so
that they are possible on non-linux systems.

--
Jo Rhett
senior geek