On Tue, 25 Jul 2006, Jo Rhett wrote:

> Okay, now it's been what - 3 weeks?  And as far as I can tell nobody
> has even looked at this problem.

Bacula is user-supported software.

>From what I've seen on the list, you have provided inadequate information
about what is going wrong, have not spent any time investigating it
yourself ($HINT: strace, truss, or various equivalents) and have flamed
people who've been pointing it out.

Part of the big pricetag on many backup systems is due to the support
contracts. People on this list will assist with what they can on a
voluntary basis - they should not and will not put up with being flamed,
doing so is vitually guaranteed to result in you being twitlisted.

> I've sent documentation on all of these problems to the list DOZENS
> of times.  About one in every 12 messages actually reaches the list, so
>
> 4. WTF is happening with sourceforge?  Time to move the mailing list?

Presumably the address envelope you're sending from doesn't match that
which is subscribed, so it's hitting the moderator queue.

Additionally, Sourceforge is performing various checks on sender validity,
so if yu're using Mutt or similar packages which send directly from
desktop they may never be accepted (Have you checked your outbound queue?)

Notwithstanding identical configurations on other machines, the very first
step is to verify that the syntax is 100% correct against the manual.

Btraceback is useful, but it's certainly not essential and very few pieces
of OSS come with anything like it. Regarding portability issues, Kern
doesn't have multiple platforms and flavours of *nix at his disposal. If
it needs improving then help code it. That's what OSS is all about.

AB