Are you able to

bconsole
unmount

the device after the backup is finished? What is the
output of

tapeinfo -f /dev/sg0

? What is your OS? What version of Bacula are you
running? Have you tried to

# Rewind tape
mt -f /dev/nst0 rewind
# Eject tape
mt -f /dev/nst0 eject

yet (pay attention that these commands are for a
single drive, YMMV)? Do you have any SCSI or tape
drive error reported when you

tail -50 /var/log/messages

? Regards,

Georger

--- Rupert Finnigan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
escreveu:

> Hello,
>

> I wander if anyone could help - I've got a problem
> with Bacula. We've been
> using Bacula for about three months or so now, with
> varying degrees of
> success. Recently, I've simplified our configuration
> and have been having no
> problems at all with our backups, until now.
>

> Bacula runs successfully, recognizes that a valid
> tape from the correct pool
> is available in the Autoloader, loads the tape, runs
> the scripts, does the
> backup, but then won't "release" the Drive. It
> appears that the drive locks
> up, and when I stop the bacula-sd daemon I can't
> control the drive (Linux
> tells me that it's not found in /etc/fstab or
> /etc/mtab. So, I basically
> have to re-boot the server to get SCSI to realize
> it's there again.
>

> This is annoying! But, I can't work out why it would
> have changed. I've not
> altered the configuration for ages. I though
> originally it was because the
> backup size had got very close (if not exceeded) the
> size of the tape, but
> after moving some files around it's not well below
> the tape size
> (Tape=200GB, file=180GB).
>

> We're Redhat ES8 with a Quantum Superloader 3.
>

> Can anyone point me towards a solution/answer to
> this? I'd be grateful if
> you could!
>

> Regards,
>

> Rupert Finnigan

Novidade no Yahoo! Mail: receba alertas de novas mensagens no seu celular.
Registre seu aparelho agora!
http://br.mobile.yahoo.com/mailalertas/