From: John Drescher [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 17 August 2006 16:29
To: Rupert Finnigan
Cc: bacula-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] End of Back-up Problems

> This is annoying! But, I can't work out why it would have changed. I've
not
> altered the configuration for ages. I though originally it was because the
> backup size had got very close (if not exceeded) the size of the tape, but
> after moving some files around it's not well below the tape size
> (Tape=200GB, file=180GB).

Is this an LTO2 drive (with 200GB native) as you can not count on an
LTO1 drive giving you 200GB of space? LTO1 drives are really a 100GB
drive that with compression sometimes fits 200GB on a tape. For me I
rarely get 2:1 as I have uncompressible data on my disks (image files
that are already compressed).

John

*******************Confidentiality and Privilege Notice*******************

The material contained in this message is privileged and confidential to
the addressee.  If you are not the addressee indicated in this message or
responsible for delivery of the message to such person, you may not copy
or deliver this message to anyone, and you should destroy it and kindly
notify the sender by reply email.

Information in this message that does not relate to the official business
of Weatherbeeta must be treated as neither given nor endorsed by Weatherbeeta.
Weatherbeeta, its employees, contractors or associates shall not be liable
for direct, indirect or consequential loss arising from transmission of this
message or any attachments

Registered office address Greenway House, Sugarswell Business Park, Shenington,
Banbury, Oxon, OX15 6HW. Company number 3006765