On Thursday 17 August 2006 18:41, Jo Rhett wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 16, 2006 at 08:49:19AM +0200, Kern Sibbald wrote:
> > On Wednesday 16 August 2006 00:48, Jo Rhett wrote:
> > > After using bacula a lot today to do cleanup of some testing I did,
> > > I've found that ALL Pools *always* show up everywhere.  No matter
> > > what command you use, or what catalog you are in.
> > >
> > > In there any way to associate pools with catalogs, such that pools
> > > don't show up in the list if they have no media in that catalog?  Or
> > > am I thinking about Pools and Catalogs all wrong?
> >
> > I agree this should be changed as it could be very confusing to users at
least
> > at first, but it will require someone to write some code.
>
> I'm your huckleberry :-)  Anything jump out of your mind on things to avoid?

No, it seems to me to be straight forward: when Bacula is iterating through
the list of Pool resources, it just needs to be made smart enough to skip
pools that are defined in a different catalog.  That should solve the
confusion problem.

A more complete approach would be to add code to look up all the Pools defined
in the current database, and then iterate through them listing the contents,
and if there are any additional pools defined in the Pool resources for that
database, complain that a pool is missing.  Likewise, if any Pools are found
in the catalog that do not exist in the Pool resource definitions, warn the
user that there are unexpected pools.