Hi,

I’m going to ask a really dumb question now, so please bear with me. We just bought a Dell Power Vault 124 with a LTO 3 now the problem is that I don’t know what device the autoloader is specified in /dev.

I have a nst0, nst0a, nst0l, nst0m as well as st0, st0a, st0l and st0m. At least I know what the difference between nst0 and st0 is but I don’t know which one of the rest is the autoloader ???????

The best thing is I just got to grips with Bacula and the AIT and now I have to do everything over again but this time on RHEL 4 and the Dell Autoloader, at least Bacula is easy but the hardware through a curve ball.

HELP???????

Janco v.d Merwe
Network Administrator
Dunns Stores (PTY) Ltd
Switchboard: 011 541 3000
Direct: 011 541 3007
Fax: 086 632 1708

This communication and any attachments are confidential and intended for the sole use of the
intended recipient. Any form of copying or disclosure of this communication to any third parties
without permission is prohibited. The contents of this communication and its attachments are
not intended to be relied upon in law without subsequent written confirmation. As such, Dunns
Stores (Pty) Ltd accept no responsibility or liability (including negligence) for the consequences
of anyone acting, or not acting, on information contained therein.

If you have received this communication in error please notify us immediately and destroy or
delete it.