On 14 Nov 2006 at 12:06, Alan Brown wrote:

> The flaw of BSD licenses for me is that someone can take my (or Kerns)
> work, repackage it as their own or modify it and not contribute the
> modifications back to the developer/user community

This is not a flaw.  It is a feature.  If you don't want to share in
that way, don't use the BSD style of license.  Many people adpot a
BSD license because that is exactly what they want to happen.

To call it a flaw is inaccurate. From the licensee's point of view, a
flaw to one, is a feature to another.

--
Dan Langille : Software Developer looking for work
my resume: http://www.freebsddiary.org/dan_langille.php