On Thursday 01 February 2007 15:17, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I traced down that crash during director shutdown.  In
> terminate_dird(), term_msg() is freeing up a structure referenced in
> the watchdog queue, so it crashes in stop_watchdog().
>
> I moved stop_watchdog() in front of term_msg() but am not familiar
> enough with this code to know if that's a good idea.

Yes, that is fine.  In the current code, I have moved it to just after the
already_here = true;

> Would there be
> any unwanted side effects from changing this order?

No.

It seems to me that someone had this problem on Solaris, but since he never
good a good dump and I could not reproduce it, this bug has remained, so
thanks for finding it.

I'm curious why it triggered on your system.
Are you running on a multi-processor system?