On Feb 7, 2007, at 2:37 PM, Jason King wrote:

> I've got my director communicating with ALL of my remote servers (file
> daemons) correctly. Doing a *stat and checking on the clients gives me
> the client information. I setup the jobs in the diretors config
> file and
> tried to run the backup. The backup starts and ends within about 5
> seconds and doesn't backup ANY data on ANY of the servers. What
> could I
> have done wrong?

I assume the backup failed with an error message? If so, could you
post it here?

Check that the information the director has for the storage daemon is
valid. For instance, you cannot tell the director that the storage
daemon is "localhost", because the director gives that information to
the clients and for them "localhost" is the wrong computer. This kind
of error doesn't prevent the director from contacting all your
clients, but it would prevent the clients from connecting to the
storage daemon.

--
--Darien A. Hager
[EMAIL PROTECTED]