Hi All,

Running a status dir command in bconsole essentially hangs the console.
  I am running bacula-dir 2.0.1 on Centos 4.3 with a MySQL backend.
Having checked the MySQL database is approx 2.5G in size.  Obviously
this is getting to be a little on the large size, so I have run dbcheck
and selected "Eliminate orphaned Job records". There are 3 to remove.

I believe this is working as the mysql daemon is now using 95% of my cpu
:-), however it has been running for a little while, so I was looking
for some examples of configuration tips for optimal usage of bacula boxes.

We are going to be configuring several machines to back up 100+ servers
on our network, to allow for us to split the network load etc.  The data
will be held as 1 full backup taken every sunday and then six
incremental backups.

With this in mind I wanted to check the following settings in the dir
that we create for every client we are to backup:

Client {
   Name = srv-IP_IP_IP_IP
   Address = blahblahblah.ukfast.net
   FDPort = 9102
   Catalog = MyCatalog
   Password = passwordhere
   File Retention = 30 days     (can this be changed to 7 days?)
   Job Retention = 6 months     (can this be changed to 7 days?)
   AutoPrune = yes
}

Storage {
   Name = file-IP_IP_IP_IP
   Address = storage_device.ukfast
   SDPort = 9103
   Password = storagepasswordhere
   Device = storage-IP_IP_IP_IP
   Media Type = File
}

JobDefs {
   Name = "IP_IP_IP_IP Job"
   Type = Backup
   Level = Incremental
   Client = srv-IP_IP_IP_IP
   FileSet = "Full Set"
   Schedule = "WeeklyCycle"
   Storage = file-IP_IP_IP_IP
   Messages = Standard
   Pool = pool-IP_IP_IP_IP
   Priority = 10
}

Job {
   Name = "IP_IP_IP_IP Job"
   JobDefs = "IP_IP_IP_IP Job"
   Write Bootstrap = "/home/bacula/bootstraps/srv-IP_IP_IP_IP.bsr"
}

Pool {
   Name = pool-IP_IP_IP_IP
   Pool Type = Backup
   Recycle = yes
   AutoPrune = yes
   Recycle = yes
   Maximum Volumes = 5
   Maximum Volume Jobs = 7
   Maximum Volume Bytes = 5g
   VolumeRetention = 7d
   Volume Use Duration = 0
   LabelFormat = "srv-IP_IP_IP_IP-"
}

I have a couple of settings that I have queried in brackets - would
these affect the size of the MySQL database?

Also, should dbcheck be configured to run regularly (IE through cron say
once a day)?

Does anyone have any further tips - I'd like to get all this in place
before I have to roll out a bunch of these machines thanks :-)

--
Kind Regards,

Chris Sarginson
Technical Support
UKFast.Net Ltd

(t) 0870 111 8866
(f) 0870 458 4545
(e) [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"The UK's Best Business Host" 2007
"The UK's Best Hosting Provider" 2006 and 2005

Dedicated Servers - Managed Hosting - Domain Names- http://www.ukfast.net

UKFast.Net Ltd,  Abbey House,  32 Booth Street,  Manchester,  M2 4AB
Registered in England. Number 384 5616