Hi, List

> Florian Heigl had a repository of binaries for HP-UX (11i) here:
> http://deranfangvomen.de/~floh/bacula/
> but at least now the site is not accessible.

The wonders of cheap virtual hosting. The hoster 'migrated servers'
and rumor has it there
is a backup of my old box available with them somewhere. I'm still
trying to find out if I care.

On 3/5/07, Xeos Laenor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I use bacula with success on a RhEL4 Server and i need integrate a HP-UX
> client in order to backup it.
> Does a binary client exist for HP-UX (v11 for itanium)?
> if not, have you some advises for compiling bacula-client on HP-UX (from
> your own experience)?

Itanium works in general, I used a non-root HP testdrive account, but
I haven't rebuild it
for a long time as I keep forgetting the password.

I'll set out to search for my testdrive account so I can build a
current ia64 binary, but this might take long time.
If the doesn't work out, I'll make you a static 11.11 pa-risc binary,
You could use just that
as well, as the emulation performance impact is said to be low.

What I remember as requirements
- current linker patches (hard to tell)
- LDFLAGS="-lcl -lpthread"
- either complete ipv6 headers or ipv6 disabled in configure.in
- --enable-static-fd --enable-clientonly so You get a fd that still
works if /usr got wiped. :)

Florian

p.s.: if the marketing drones at HP let 11.23/11.31 be supported on
workstations I could of course make a binary for you