On 30 Mar 2007 at 22:04, Kimi Ostro wrote:

> On 30/03/07, Jason King <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I ran into the same problem. You have to check the startup script and
> > change the user that it starts as. It's wanting to start as a user other
> > than root. Here is the line you are looking for in the rc.d script. The
> > -u flag should be changed it root.
> >
> > : ${bacula_dir_flags=" -u root -g wheel -v -c
> > /usr/local/etc/bacula-dir.conf"}
> >

> Ok. its not a proper fix. I just executed:
>
> /usr/local/sbin/bacula-dir -fv -d99 -u bacula -g bacula -c
> /usr/local/etc/bacula-dir.conf

Yep, that should work.

> works just fine.
>
> A bug in the rc script. I'll open a PR or contact the port maintainer.

I am the port maintainer.

What version of FreeBSD?

What version of Bacula?

Here is what I have in /etc/rc.conf for bacula:

$ grep bacula /etc/rc.conf
bacula_dir_enable="YES"
bacula_sd_enable="YES"
bacula_fd_enable="YES"

Does your match?

--
Dan Langille : Software Developer looking for work
my resume: http://www.freebsddiary.org/dan_langille.php