For us, we haven't had a lot of time to add back to Bacula. I have a student
that is working to produce a web front end for restores, but it has been
quite a challenge. I'd really like to have an API that we could hook into
the director directly, but I haven't had the time to even look at it since
my plate is very full. I have found Bacula as a very good piece of software,
I love the simplicity, the cross-platform ability. I wish I only had half
the projects on my plate to add back to Bacula and other OpenSource
projects. I'm not a programmer so anything that I contribute will not be
very polished.

Robert

On 4/19/07 10:35 AM, "Brian Debelius" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Sorry that I can't help develop.  But I can help drum up interest.  Go
> digg it, and (try to) drive it to the front page.
> http://digg.com/software/Popular_mature_open_source_backup_project_needs_devel
> opers_www_bacula_org
>
> brian-
>
> Kern Sibbald wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Open Source is a fantastic success story, and shows every sign of becoming a
>> gigantic snow ball over the next few years.  Usage of Bacula is increasing
>> significantly, which is very pleasing.  However, the development side of
>> Bacula, with one or two exceptions, I consider a total failure.

Robert LeBlanc
BioAg Computer Support
Brigham Young University
[EMAIL PROTECTED]