Hi,

On 5/8/2007 11:27 PM, Sandro Mendes wrote:
> Hello people,
> I have backups configured to use file volume instead tapes. The backup are
> been saved in my HD, so I want to have a volume that must be erased every
> week to continue using that same volume (like a full job).
> Here is my config.:
> Pool {
>   Name = MondayPool
>   Pool Type = Backup
>   Recycle = yes
>   AutoPrune = yes
>   Label Format="Catalog-"
>   Volume Retention = 6d
>
> After some tests, the volume doesn't be erased and continue been incremented.
>
> What could be wrong?

Bacula doesn't erase volumes (that would be pointless for tapes, and
Bacula treast files similar to tapes).

Instead, you reuse volumes. Bacula recycles a volume only when it has
to. To force it to recycle existing volumes, limit the amount of data
written to it, the number of jobs, or the time it may be appended to.

In your config, you've got none of these settings.

I suggest to limt the volume size to a reasonable amount of data, allow
Bacula to create new volumes as needed, and limit the number of volumes
in the pool.

Thus, you can control how much of your disk Bacula uses.

Arno

> Thanks for any help
> Sandro

IT-Service Lehmann                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]