> 1. I am considering to change the default installation location for Bacula on
> Windows to be the same as it was previously -- that is the \bacula directory
> on the main disk.  The current installation places files in the "standard"
> Windows locations, but IMO, it is very inconvenient because they are
> extremely long names with spaces that are very hard to remember, and are
> sprayed all over the disk.

Previously when  bacula defaulted to \bacula I changed that to go to
\Program Files\bacula as I really hate when programs do not follow the
default and clutter up the root folder.

> 2. Has anyone tried the Bacula client on Vista, and if so, what are the
> results?  (I believe that the tray monitor will not work, but there may be
> other issues).

I do not have vista in my department or at home.

> 3. Are any of you Windows C++ programmers who would like to do a little
> programming?

Yes, I am a very experienced windows programmer who could do some
windows programming but I am usually short on time.

> 4. Can any of you run the Windows regression scripts?  This requires a minimal
> knowledge of cmd scripts but no programming experience.

All my bacula servers are on linux but I could run some regression
tests as long as it does not require a tape drive in windows.

John