Hello Dan,

Monday, July 23, 2007, 9:35:05 PM:

DL> Devel is aware of the issue as it was originally raised in the bug
DL> tracking system.  The consensus was it is not a bug, or more
DL> correctly, there was no information supplied which permitted
DL> reproduction of the bug.  If we can't reproduce the bug, we sure
DL> can't test for it, and we sure can't confirm it's been fixed.

Can you provide some guidance on how and what to test? As I personally
don't have any idea what data is stored in the Catalog, what is in the
Volumes, regarding the problem of wrong file size:
- does Bacula store the file size somewhere and if so where? how to extract
that/those numbers if they are at more than one place?
- how then the file could have larger size? (for example there is a
GZIP stream, you unpack it and you get larger result or what? or the second
(wrong) number is the number stored in the volume?)
- do you agree that it is strange that while the stream is gzipped, the
appended data is part of a real file? If the volume were damaged, I
guess the additional data should be some garbage? Also is it possible
that the file is restored OK, but only its size is set to a wrong
mumber and we've seen some data previously existed in the disk? Or
bacula has some internal buffer this additional part was from a file
restored just before the wrong one?

Regards.