> May I ask if you made ebuilds yourself or compiled from source?
> I consider trying bacula on gentoo, but would also like the lates version of
> Bacula of course.

I have my own ebuilds. I have an older svn ebuild (that probably does
not work) and a ebuild for just about every version of bacula > 2.1.

Here is a link to the bacula section of my overlay.

https://opensvn.csie.org/JMDGentooOverlay/gentoo-overlay/app-backup/bacula/

To grab this you can type

svn co
https://opensvn.csie.org/JMDGentooOverlay/gentoo-overlay/app-backup/bacula/