Hi,

22.10.2007 12:45,, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote::
> Hi fellow Bacula Users,
>
> We have a issue that a backup for a client suddenly has increased from 50
> GB to 200GB at one client. In order to check the file(s) who are causing
> this, I'm checking my incremental backups to see what is causing this
> problems.

Good idea.

> However, I don't seem to be able to find that in the database. If you
> restore a file, there is a filesize, so it seems logical to me that it is
> there.

Yes, it is there, but not easily readable.

As far as I know, this information is encoded in the file attribute
field of the File table, File.LStat.

The way it's encoded is probably only "documented" in the code itself,
but there are applications around that access it.

The most useful thing to do for you is probably to install bweb, which
can give you the information you need.

Getting bweb running is not trivial, though. I haven't set it up
myself, but others report difficulties from time to time.

There is an INSTALL file in the bweb directory, which gives a good
overview of the installation process, but you might have to adapt it
to your environment.

> However, I can't find it. My question:
>
> how can I select all filesizes for a certain Job/Client in the database or
> bconsole?

Should also be possible with SQL... in the bweb distribution, look at
the SQL function base64_decode_lstat definition.

Arno

> Kind regards from Rotterdam, NL!
>
> Diederik de Vries

Arno Lehmann