On 2007.10.23. 11:40, Arno Lehmann wrote:
> Hello,

>> My only solution for this right now is to estimate how much space the
>> Backup will use, and label the Volumes
>> before the Job runs, but as you can imagine thats annoying ...
>
> Yes.
>
>> is there anything i'm missing that this happens ?
>> thanks for any hint ...
>
> I'd first suggest to drop the "LabelFormat" directive. It's deprecated
> and will vanish some day.
>
> Instead, use a python event to provide names for new volumes.

umh. i must have missed this... will it really be dropped ? as i am
using it, i don't fancy learning python just to replicate its functionality.

i am using this parameter to create single file per backup job and give
them meaningful names - would it indeed at some point get replaced by a
requirement to script in python ?

> This is described in the manual, for example
> http://www.bacula.org/dev-manual/Python_Scripting.html#SECTION003560000000000000000
  Rich