Please keep replies on list.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi i searched many hours on google, i did not find any suggestion for
> this problem.

Yes, I see that there does not appear to be a specific tutorial, though
searching for the standard things does bring up the manual a number of
times.

> I describe that i install rpm's with the package manager yum (fedora)
> and i don?t have to compile the software....

Yes, I'm well aware of that. Go look at the manual, and start from
immediately after compiling the package from source. You may need to dod
all of the steps that show up AFTER compiling the software. Did you read
the documentation? I don't see any evidence that you did anything other
than install and try to start the software. Bacula is a software that
REQUIRES that you read the documentation.

> what you mean wiht "replace RPM's with
> deb's or whatever other package type on other distributions. This is what
> one would do to find out how to config any of them"

I mean that the same instructions I gave apply to any other
distribution, except where I say RPM's when talking about your problem,
it would be deb's for someone else's problem.

> thanks anyway
>

> Zitat von Ryan Novosielski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>
>> I could search Google for you, but I don't know what good that would do
>> anyone. I suggest you take a look yourself.
>>
>> Barring that, if you read the installation chapter in the manual, you
>> should see a point where you are supposed to 'make install' when using
>> source code. You may have to do some or all of the things listed after
>> this
>> point in the manual. Look in your documentation for RPM to find out where
>> the relevant files ended up (eg. for creating Bacula tables, etc.). Look
>> also for what might be throwing the 'not configured' error. Might be a
>> flag
>> that you have to manually unset (so that the maintainer is sure that you
>> bothered to config Bacula).
>>
>> Again though, I'd be REALLY surprised if someone didn't detail the
>> install
>> on the web. Also, there may be docs in /usr/share/docs someplace. Check
>> RPM's docs to see how you can see where.
>>
>> BTW, for anyone trolling the archives in the future -- replace RPM's with
>> deb's or whatever other package type on other distributions. This is what
>> one would do to find out how to config any of them.
>>
>> =R

- --
 ---- _  _ _  _ ___  _  _  _
 |Y#| |  | |\/| |  \ |\ |  | |Ryan Novosielski - Systems Programmer II
 |$&| |__| |  | |__/ | \| _| |[EMAIL PROTECTED] - 973/972.0922 (2-0922)
begin:vcard
fn:Ryan Novosielski
n:Novosielski;Ryan
org:UMDNJ;IST/AST
adr;dom:MSB C630;;185 South Orange Avenue;Newark;NJ;07103
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:Systems Programmer III
tel;work:(973) 972-0922
tel;fax:(973) 972-7412