Hi John,
Bacula 2.2.6, Adic Scalar 24, 5,5TB Storage

On Mittwoch 09 Januar 2008 22:31:12 wrote:
> > i already have "Prefer Mounted Volumes = no" set in bacula-dir.conf
>
> One other thing you can do is to use the individual drives in the job
> and not the archive device.
>
> Here is what I have for my 2 drive changer:

very intresting config ...

> So then I can hav my jobs go to DEV6-Changer or the individual drives.

and how you advice the changer wich volume you want to have in such a
individual drive?
If i understand your config correct you can making storage jobs directly to a
device, if the job is bigger as one volume you have the problem that bacula
cannot change the volume automaticly? Or is inside Bacula a lot of magic what
recognice such a nice configuration and works then magically?

Regards
   Falk