Dan Langille wrote:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I am trying to use bscan to retrieve catalog information into my catalog. the catalog database is on another server, and on a non-standard port. I cannot figure out how to get it to talk to the remote database on the non-standard mysql port.

Here is one of the commands I am trying.
../sbin/bscan -d 5 -h "10.1.2.5:3309" -u ********** -P ********* -n bacula_brightserv -v -V VTAPE_brightserv_0009 /data/bacula_data/VTAPE/brightserv

It always times out talking to the database:
13-Feb 20:33 bscan: ERROR TERMINATION at bscan.c:277
mysql.c:164 Unable to connect to MySQL server.
Database=bacula_brightserv User=**********
It is probably not running or your password is incorrect.

On the same machine, can you connect to the database using mysql and the same parameters you supplied above?

From the same server as above, I can connect with the credentials:

mysql -h 10.1.2.5 --port 3309 -u *********** -p bacula_brightserv
Enter password:

Your MySQL connection id is 8237791 to server version: 5.0.18-standard-log

mysql> show databases;