Does anyone have an idea whether this should work or not? Am I typing the command incorrectly? Is there another way to re-introduce the catalog data from a tape to a remote database on a non-standard port?

Thanks in advance!

-JPH

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Dan Langille wrote:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I am trying to use bscan to retrieve catalog information into my catalog. the catalog database is on another server, and on a non-standard port. I cannot figure out how to get it to talk to the remote database on the non-standard mysql port.

Here is one of the commands I am trying.
../sbin/bscan -d 5 -h "10.1.2.5:3309" -u ********** -P ********* -n bacula_brightserv -v -V VTAPE_brightserv_0009 /data/bacula_data/VTAPE/brightserv

It always times out talking to the database:
13-Feb 20:33 bscan: ERROR TERMINATION at bscan.c:277
mysql.c:164 Unable to connect to MySQL server.
Database=bacula_brightserv User=**********
It is probably not running or your password is incorrect.

On the same machine, can you connect to the database using mysql and the same parameters you supplied above?

>From the same server as above, I can connect with the credentials:

mysql -h 10.1.2.5 --port 3309 -u *********** -p bacula_brightserv
Enter password:

Your MySQL connection id is 8237791 to server version: 5.0.18-standard-log

mysql> show databases;
| Database           |