Mark Nienberg wrote:
> Can anyone shed some light on the following fatal error?  It happened
> during a tape change in the middle of a full backup.  The autochanger
> has been working just fine prior to this and in fact the requested tape
> was successfully loaded into the drive (status storage shows it in there
> and so does the drive utility).

And as a follow up question:

The job ended with an error but it wrote most of the backup to the first
tape before it failed loading the second tape.  Can I manually purge the
job and change the first tape status back to "append" to get it to start
over from the beginning?  There is an older job on the first tape that I
need to keep, so I can't purge the entire volume.

Mark