I am trying to use a schedule to alternate between two different hard
disks, and it doesn't behave as expected. I'm using bacula 2.4.2. I'd
appreciate some help debugging my schedule. Here is the idea:

- On the first through the 15th of the month, use disk 1. On the 16th
through 31st, use disk 2.
- A full backup every time I switch from one to the other disk
- A Diff backup in the middle of the cycle, on the 7th and 22nd.
- No backup the day after a full or differential backup (some of these
backup jobs are large and a full backup may take more than a day to
complete).

I am using three pools for each hard disk, one for Full, one for
Differential and one for Incremental backups. Full-1-Pool, Diff-1-Pool
and Inc-1-Pool are on disk 1, Full-2-Pool, Diff-2-Pool, Inc-2-Pool are
on disk 2.

Based on this, today, on the 1st of December, the schedule should have
performed a full backup into Full-1-Pool. But instead, it performed an
incremental backup into Inc-1-Pool.

Schedule {
  Name = "WeeklyCycle1"
  Run = Level=Full FullPool=Full-1-Pool DifferentialPool=Diff-1-Pool
IncrementalPool=Inc-1-Pool on 1 at 23:05
  Run = Level=Full FullPool=Full-2-Pool DifferentialPool=Diff-2-Pool
IncrementalPool=Inc-2-Pool on 16 at 23:05
  Run = Level=Differential FullPool=Full-1-Pool
DifferentialPool=Diff-1-Pool IncrementalPool=Inc-1-Pool on 7 at 23:05
  Run = Level=Differential FullPool=Full-2-Pool
DifferentialPool=Diff-2-Pool IncrementalPool=Inc-2-Pool on 22 at 23:05
  Run = Level=Incremental FullPool=Full-1-Pool
DifferentialPool=Diff-1-Pool IncrementalPool=Inc-1-Pool on 3-6,9-14 at 23:05
  Run = Level=Incremental FullPool=Full-2-Pool
DifferentialPool=Diff-2-Pool IncrementalPool=Inc-2-Pool on 18-21,24-31
at 23:05
}

JobDefs {
  Name = "DefaultJob"
  Type = Backup
  Level = Incremental
  Client = yyyyy-fd
  FileSet = "Full Set"
  Schedule = "WeeklyCycle1"
  Messages = Standard
  Priority = 10
  Write Bootstrap = "/var/lib/bacula/working/%n.bsr"
  Pool = Default
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 20
}

Client {
  Name = XXX-fd
  Address = XXXX
  FDPort = 9102
  Catalog = MyCatalog
  Password = "XXXXX"
  File Retention = 30 days
  Job Retention = 6 months
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 10
  AutoPrune = yes
}
Job {
  Name = "xxxx"
  Client = XXXX-fd
  Schedule = "WeeklyCycle1"
  JobDefs = "DefaultJob"
  Run Before Job = "/usr/local/sbin/nagiosscheduledowntime XXXXX"
  FileSet = "XXXX"
}

--
Kevin Keane
Owner

Office: 866-642-7116
http://www.4nettech.com

This e-mail and attachments, if any, may contain confidential and/or
proprietary information. Please be advised that the unauthorized use or
disclosure of the information is strictly prohibited. The information herein is
intended only for use by the intended recipient(s) named above. If you have
received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately and
permanently delete the e-mail and any copies, printouts or attachments thereof.