On Mon, 01 Dec 2008 14:22:21 +0100, Bruno Friedmann
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Bartosz.c wrote:
>> On Fri, 28 Nov 2008 14:08:48 -0500, "John Drescher"
>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>>> This is normal. Unless you enable concurrency or use a run before
>>> script to test the status of the fd, bacula will retry to connect to a
>>> down fd a few times before giving up. Depending on your timeout
>>> settings this can take 30 minutes or more for bacula to give up on a
>>> client. If you want concurrency you have to enable concurrency on the
>>> storage in bacula-dir.conf You can also restrict the times that bacula
>>> will wait for a client.
>>>
>>> John

>>> Build the coolest Linux based applications with Moblin SDK & win great
>>> prizes
>>> Grand prize is a trip for two to an Open Source event anywhere in the world
>>
>> thanks for answer,
>> I thought that I have enabled concurrency:
>>
>> Director {
>>   Name = max-dir
>>   DIRport = 9101
>>   QueryFile = "/etc/bacula/scripts/query.sql"
>>   WorkingDirectory = "/var/lib/bacula"
>>   PidDirectory = "/var/run/bacula"
>>   Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 20
>>   Password = "xxx"
>>   Messages = Daemon
>> }
>>

>> am I wrong or it is locatet somewhere diffrent?
>>
>>> You can also restrict the times that bacula will wait for a client.
>> could you tell me where is such option?
>>
>> Bartosz.
>>

>bacula.org -> search -> concurrent jobs.
>first link
>http://www.bacula.org/en/rel-manual/Tips_Suggestions.html#SECTION0038170000000000000000
>
>bacula.org -> search -> fd timeout
>->
>http://www.bacula.org/en/dev-manual/Configuring_Director.html#4865
>
>We all know that manual is complete
>Searching inside is the top feature :-)
>
>Hope this help you

Thank you,

I have changed my config,
I have put line:
Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 4
to my director, every job, to every storage and client
and now is a little better, but I recieve errors like for 4 different
jobs for exaple:

Intervention needed for wal_srv1_fb_codz.2008-12-02_02.16.00
02-gru 03:45 backup1-sd: Job wro_fb_codz.2008-12-02_02.01.00 waiting
to reserve a device.

like you can see in my config file each my job should start on
different time, and like I count it should finish before next
(interval time is about 30 minutes) and situation when 2 jobs run
concurency is rarity,
so I have no idea why it waitig for device (I think storage) because
it should be free for use.