Hi folks,

I have a spare lto3 8x library which I'd like to use to story "copy
jobs" of recent full backups.

The library is attached to a separate server (compaq dl360), so my
question is what would be required on this server in order to run 2nd
bacula storage there. Is it just the sd that needs configuration? An
fd is already present as the machine itself is backed up regularly by
the 1st, primary bacula server which runs the director process.

The primary bacula server als has an 8x changer device with an lto3
tape drive attached.

I'm planning to use bacula 2.2.8 (or even 2.4.x) in case that
matters (compilation from source).

My idea is to run maybe one copy job per day during normal business
hours when the primary server is idle anyway. As we have less than 30
clients this could be a relatively painless way of building up a
backup history (offlining tapes on the primary server would be too
much hassle as we only have 8 days of bacula history there as it
stands).

All the best & thanks in advance for any ideas,

Uwe

--
uwe.schuerk...@nionex.net phone: [+49] 5242.91 - 4740, fax:-69 72
Hauptsitz: Avenwedder Str. 55, D-33311 Guetersloh, Germany