On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 01:24:35PM -0500, Steve Polyack wrote:
> On 01/28/10 13:07, Uwe Schuerkamp wrote:
> >Hi folks,
> >
> >I'm running bacula 2.2.8 compiled from source on Ubuntu lts 8.04. I
> >was wondering wether it's possible to enable software compresson for
> >incrementals only as our full backups go to an lto3 tape (hw
> >compression), while the incs end up on local disk, using the
> >"incremental=..." syntax in the schedule definition.
> >
> >All the best&  thanks in advance for any thoughts,
> >
> >Uwe
> >

> If you upgrade to the newest release (5.0.0), you can make use of a
> feature I added: AllowCompression = yes|no.  It will allow you to
> disable compression for any job which runs against your LTO3 tape
> device.  More info is available here:
> http://www.bacula.org/5.0.x-manuals/en/main/main/New_Features_in_5_0_0.html#SECTION00340000000000000000
>
> I also have patches for this against the 3.0.2 version, but I doubt that
> they would apply cleanly to Bacula 2.2.8.
>
> Steve

Hello Steve,

thanks for your suggestion, sadly right now upgrading to 5.x is out of
the question as we'd like to watch things settle with the brand-new
release for a while.

All the best,

Uwe

--
uwe.schuerk...@nionex.net fon: [+49] 5242.91 - 4740, fax:-69 72
Hauptsitz: Avenwedder Str. 55, D-33311 Gütersloh, Germany