Bruno Friedmann wrote:

> Rude answer :
>
> If you really want to use Mysql drop the myisam to innodb.
> But you don't want to use mysql for that job, just use Postgresql fine tuned
> with batch insert enabled.

Seconded - having been through this issue.

You are going to hit a big pain point with myisam with that many files
anyway (it breaks around 4 billion entries without tuning), but even
inno will grow large/slow and need a lot of my.cnf tuning

Go straight to Postgres - you'll need it eventually anyway, then read up
on tuning it. For large databases it runs faster and uses less memory.