On 3/12/2011 2:20 AM, Raczka wrote:
> Hello everyone!
>
> Bacula (currently 5.0.3) is running in my enviroment under FreeBSD for about
> year without problems.
> Two days ago daemon started sending message as below (every 5minutes):
>
> <date>  bckserver1: ERROR in authenticate.c:304 UA Hello from
> client:127.0.0.1:36131 is invalid. Len=0
>
> Misconfiguration should not be a reason - i've disconnected recently added
> clients / polls /etc. even though they were connected much earlier than
> problem occured. Backups are running OK despite this.
>
> Does anyone have idea how to diagnose/fix this issue? Receiving almost
> 300msgs/24h via mail really annoying ;-)

If your local client on bckserver1 is still working correctly, then I
suspect that something other than bacula may be misconfigured and is
trying to connect to the server (since 127.0.0.1 is a loopback
address).  If the port number is always the same, then it is likely a
program that continues to run--you might try to use netstat (or
something like it) to find out which machine on bckserver1 is trying to
open a connection.  If the port number changes, then the program
attempting to make the connection may be switching sockets or exiting
and restarting every few minutes.

You might be able to run ethereal on the loopback interface on
bckserver1 to try to capture the connection attempts, but I'm not sure
that will help identify the source (and I'm not positive that ethereal
will work on a loopback interface anyway).

Sorry, these are just off the top of my head--someone else may have
better suggestions.

-se