Hi folks,

I'm trying to wrap my head around the following setup:

- For a couple of clients / jobs, we'd like to store two full backups
on disk (weekly full, daily incremental)

- We'd also like to keep 14 incrementals around just in case we need
to do a point in time recovery.

The incremental part seems rather easy, I've defined a separate pool
like so (Bacula 5.0.2 on centos compiled from source):

Pool {
  Name = Online_Incremental
  Pool Type = Backup
  Recycle = yes
  AutoPrune = yes
  Volume Retention = 14 days
  Recycle  Oldest Volume = yes
  Maximum Volumes = 14
  Volume Use Duration = 1 day
  Label Format ="Incr-"
}

So we'd end up with a maximum of 14 volumes, using a new volume for
incrementals each day, recycling the old ones as they expire.

Now I was wondering how to go about the Full Pool definition. I'd like
to do full backups on the same day for all clients / jobs, so I've
come up with something like this:

Pool {
  Name = Online_Full
  Pool Type = Backup
  Recycle = yes
  AutoPrune = yes
  Volume Retention = 14 days
  Volume Use Duration = 6 days
  Recycle  Oldest Volume = yes
  Maximum Volumes = 3
  Label Format ="Full-"
}

But I'm unsure about the "use duration". Is there a better way to
implement the above requirements?

Thanks in advance for your help & comments,

Uwe

--
NIONEX ist ein Unternehmen der DirectGroup Germany www.directgroupgermany.de