Le 07/04/2011 10:24, Jérôme Blion a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> That would mean there is no job retention. BackupCatalog jobs are pruned.
> So, we can have Job pruning before volume pruning.
> File, Job, Volume retentions are differents parameters. Volumes can only
> be automatically recycled if no more jobs references it.
>
> Best regards.
> Jerome Blion.
>

> On Wed, 6 Apr 2011 22:04:24 -0300, Rodrigo Renie Braga
> <rodrigore...@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> The jobs will only be pruned when their respective volumes are recycled
> or
>> purged... since the Volume Retention in your Pool is 3 days, that will
>> happen at the seventh day of running backups, when the second volume
>> expires
>> and Bacula recycles the first volume...
>>

>> 2011/4/6 Jérôme Blion<jerome.bl...@free.fr>
>>
>>>   Hello,
>>>
>>> I'm setting a test infrastructure on Debian Squeeze. I'm using Debian
>>> packages (5.0.2).
>>> You can find various configuration files here:
>>> http://www.hebergement-pro.org/bacula/
>>>
>>> I set:
>>> serveur:/home/www/www/bacula# grep Retention bacula-dir.conf.txt
>>>    File Retention = 3 days
>>>    Job Retention = 3 days
>>>    Volume Retention = 3 days
>>>    Volume Retention = 3 days
>>>    File Retention = 3 days
>>>
>>> When I list jobs, I can see jobs which should have expired. Catalog
>>> backups
>>> are correctly pruned but other ones are not.
>>> Here are some outputs:
>>>
> http://www.hebergement-pro.org/bacula/output.txt<http://www.hebergement-pro.org/bacula/joblist.txt>
>>> Files backed up during these jobs cannot be listed with "list files
>>> jobid=35". I can restore the whole job successfully (as the volume has
>>> not
>>> been recycled yet)
>>> When I perform a show job=Backup_Serveur (or anyone else), I have the
>>> following strange line: JobRetention=0 secs FileRetention=11 months 16
>>> days
>>> 4 hours 46 mins 48 secs
>>> I never set it up such retentions. What is that File Retention ? I
> don't
>>> understand it.
>>>
>>> By the past, I modified retention period. How does the pruning work ?
> is
>>> the expiration date stored into the database ? I didn't find it.
>>> How could I identify what is wrong in my setup ?
>>>
>>> Best regards.
>>> Jerome Blion.

Hello,

Sorry for the message on top...
To give you new inputs:

07-Apr 23:05 vm10-bacula-dir JobId 77: Begin pruning Jobs older than 3
days .
07-Apr 23:05 vm10-bacula-dir JobId 77: No Jobs found to prune.
07-Apr 23:05 vm10-bacula-dir JobId 77: Begin pruning Jobs.
07-Apr 23:05 vm10-bacula-dir JobId 77: Pruned Files from 2 Jobs for
client serveur-fd from catalog.
07-Apr 23:05 vm10-bacula-dir JobId 77: End auto prune.

Why jobs are not pruned by the system, whereas files are ?
They should be cleaned together.

Best regards.
Jerome Blion.