On Tue, 2011-09-27 at 16:41 +0100, Alan Brown wrote:
> > We are currently using a proprietary backup solution,
>
> Which proprietary backup system?

BRU Backup Server

> > We have some >100 hosts to backup up. The current "work flow" is like:
>
> Are these hosts PCs? What do they do? How much changes on them each night?

Linux Servers (like Mailserver, Virtual Private Servers, Web servers,
FTP Servers, etc.)

We do differential backups. it really depends on the server how many
files changed. The range is from a few MB to 2-3GB changes

We do not backup every host during night, just a few per night on a day
per week.