On Fri, 2011-09-30 at 18:08 -0400, Dan Langille wrote:
> On Sep 27, 2011, at 12:42 PM, René Moser wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 2011-09-27 at 16:51 +0100, Gavin McCullagh wrote:
> >
> >> It sounds like what you're looking for could be implemented as:
> >>
> >> 1. A normal Full/Differential/Incremental job to a disk-based storage
> >>  device to happen during the day.
> >> 2. A Migrate job to tape from disk to happen during the night.
> >
> > Yep,
> > http://www.bacula.org/manuals/en/concepts/concepts/Migration_Copy.html
> > is what I was looking for.
>
> Key point: A migrate or copy job can involved exactly one SD.  Therefore, you
> cannot copy between SD.  Thus, your single SD involved in this must store
> both the disk and the tape backups.

I am not sure if I understand your point.

SD = Storage Device, I guess. I can not migrate between a file storage
device, to a tape storage device? But
http://www.bacula.org/manuals/en/concepts/concepts/Migration_Copy.html#SECTION001640000000000000000
 does exactly show this by example right?

Thanks for explaining again :)