> I have an old 2.4.2 bacula install peacefully running on a few CentOS 5
> servers.
> I did use Mr Schwarz rpms at the time.
> I recently added a CentOS 6 server that now includes bacula 5.0.0.
>
> The 5.0 bacula-fd does not seem to want to talk to the 2.4 bacula-dir:
> I get a "rejected Hello command".
>
> Should I try harder to debug the issue or is that expected behavior and I am
> forced to upgrade all my old servers to 5.0?

This is expected behavior. 3.0.X clients and above will not
communicate with older directors since there was a change in the
protocol.

> If I have to upgrade, is there a page somewhere listing all the changes I will
> bump into (like configuration change, modified sql schemas...) or do I have to
> start from scratch?

You do not have to start from scratch. I started out with 1.34 over 8
years ago and I am now using 5.0.3 in production at work and I never
ever started over. There should be update database scripts to update
the schema.

> In the mean time, I compiled a 2.4.3 to test...
>

> Thx,
> JD

John M. Drescher