Hi all,
What is the correct way to exclude a directory on Windows in an Exclude
section?

I just found out that neither of these works, the directory is always
included.
It seems to work as expected for files, but not for directories (slash at
the end).

exclude {
  file = "System Volume Information/"
  file = System Volume Information/
  file = "System\ Volume\ Information/"
  file = "C:/System\ Volume\ Information/"
  file = "C:/System\ Volume\ Information/"
}

But this works, is that the only way?

include {
   options {
      exclude = yes
      wilddir = "*:/System Volume Information"
   }
   File = ....
}

To my shame I must admit that I've been backing up older Windows versions
(Server 2003, XP, WIndows 7 etc.) for 3 years using the first variation
above, without noticing that the directory was included.

It's only after a Windows 10 PC was added a week ago that I started
noticing something off. Incremental backups of 20 GB per day, every day,
even when the system had been powered off all day and was just powered on
by Wake-On-Lan at night to back it up, didn't seem quite normal. The
culprit was a file "D:\Documents and Settings\{guid}" of 18 GB that
changed every day.