Martin Simmons said:
> It looks like you didn't try
>
> exclude {
>   file = "C:/System Volume Information"
> }

<expletive/> - I could have sworn that the documentation said you must
append a trailing slash if you want to indicate a directory.  Checked it
out, and it's exactly the opposite, it explicitly tells you NOT to append
it, in at least four places.

Sorry for bothering you with this level of, eh, just tell me to RTFM
better :)

What I remembered (correctly), and where I got things mixed up, is that
the documentation also says
>> 5. When using wild-cards or regular expressions, directory names are
>> always terminated with a slash (/) and filenames have no trailing
>> slash.

*When using wild-cards or regular expressions* should be clear enough, but
it says that in a section of text between a bold-faced title "Exclude {
file-list }" and the next section, which is about Options.