I've got an odd behavior since updating to 9.0.x when restoring from tape.

Config:

Storage {
  Name = babylon5-sd
  Address = babylon5.babcom.com
  SDPort = 9103
  Password = "xxxxxxxxxxxxx"
  Device = LTO-4
  Media Type = LTO-4
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 20
  Autochanger = no
}

Storage {                             # definition of myself
  Name = babylon5-sd
  SDPort = 9103                  # Director's port
  Working Directory = /var/lib/bacula
  Pid Directory = /var/run
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 20
}

Device {
  Name = LTO-4
  Media Type = LTO-4
  Archive Device = /dev/nst0
  Changer Device = /dev/sg5
  Drive Index = 0
  Autochanger = no
  AutomaticMount = yes          # when device opened, read it
  AlwaysOpen = yes
  OfflineOnUnmount = yes
  RemovableMedia = yes
  RandomAccess = no
  Maximum File Size = 5GB
  Maximum Block Size = 2048000
  Spool Directory = /var/tmp/bacula
  Maximum Spool Size = 10GB
  Maximum Job Spool Size = 5GB
}


This is a standalone HP Ultrium 4 tape drive.  I just restored 1.3TB
from an LTO4 tape with no problems - until the tape ended and the drive
needed the next one.  And then...


08-Aug 20:13 babylon5-sd JobId 14438: End of Volume "LTO4-FULL-0008" at
addr=0:0 on device "LTO-4" (/dev/nst0).
08-Aug 20:14 babylon5-sd JobId 14438: Warning: acquire.c:235 Read open
Tape device "LTO-4" (/dev/nst0) Volume
+"LTO4-FULL-0009" failed: ERR=tape_dev.c:170 Unable to open device
"LTO-4" (/dev/nst0): ERR=No medium found

08-Aug 20:14 babylon5-sd JobId 14438: Warning: acquire.c:235 Read open
Tape device "LTO-4" (/dev/nst0) Volume
+"LTO4-FULL-0009" failed: ERR=tape_dev.c:170 Unable to open device
"LTO-4" (/dev/nst0): ERR=No medium found

[ nine more exactly like it ]

08-Aug 20:14 babylon5-sd JobId 14438: Fatal error: acquire.c:328 Too
many errors trying to mount Tape device "LTO-4"
+(/dev/nst0) for reading.
08-Aug 20:14 asgard-fd JobId 14438: Error: attribs.c:558 File size of
restored file
+/netstore/video/Movies/Pride_and_Prejudice_and_Zombies_t01.avi not
correct. Original 3766742696, restored 1963720704.


...It wanted the next tape INSTANTLY and gave me zero time to change it.
 I had the next tape inserted and mounted less than a minute after the
first tape ejected, but it was too late, the job had already failed.


Does anyone have any insights on this?  Anyone else run into it?  I've
done multi-volume restores before with no problems.  I don't *THINK* I
removed any parameters from my tape drive configuration during my
upgrade.  The Volume Poll Interval and Close On Poll directives look
relevant, but I don't think I was using them before (I *KNOW* I wasn't
using Close On Poll, and I don't *think* I was using Volume Poll Interval).


-- 
  Phil Stracchino
  Babylon Communications
  ph...@caerllewys.net
  p...@co.ordinate.org
  Landline: +1.603.293.8485
  Mobile:   +1.603.998.6958

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________
Bacula-users mailing list
Bacula-users@lists.sourceforge.net
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/bacula-users

Reply via email to